Hey, guys! I’m so sorry for being inactive, school has gotten really intense, but I’m on break this week, so I’ll get in some quality reading time and a bunch of new posts! I saw this on two of my favorite blogs, myriadinklings and celinereads, and since Jen and Celine are cool, they say if you read the post, you’re tagged! The same goes for anyone who reads this and wants to do the tag. Have fun!
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE BOOK PET PEEVES?
- WEAK FEMALE CHARACTERS: seriously, make it stop. Most of the female characters I read about are super cool and strong, but Bella Swan from the Twilight franchise really brings us down. Ugh.
- ONLY OWNING ONE BOOK IN A SERIES: looking at my shelves and seeing incomplete series (TID, Gallagher Girls, etc) all over the place makes me so sad 😦 although I’m not bothered by only having Allegiant and Four out of the Divergent series, because those books are not my cup of tea.
- BOOKS WITH VAGUE ENDINGS: some people like having an ending in which not every lose end gets tied up, but not me. I need to know what happens. That’s why I wasn’t pleased with Blood of Olympus. Did Leo go back to CHB? WHAT HAPPENS I MUST KNOW
DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT READING SPOT
Anywhere that I can put my feet up and lean back. Preferably next to a window or with a natural light source.
TELL US THREE BOOK CONFESSIONS
- I like The 100 book trilogy better than the tv show (no offense to Bob Morley)
- Although I say I like most genres, I don’t read historical fiction normally (but Ruta Sepetys is the exception because she’s amazing)
- I wasn’t a big fan of Snape when I read HP and I’m still not that fond of him.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED WHILE READING A BOOK?
Salt to the Sea made me cry. A lot. That book is probably going on my favorites of 2016 list.
HOW MANY BOOKS ARE ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
Two! My current read, Siege and Storm, and Since You’ve Been Gone, because that is one of my favorite books of all time and it’s basically my aesthetic.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SNACK TO EAT WHILE READING?
I don’t normally eat when I read, but if I do, it’s fruit or a sandwich.
NAME THREE BOOKS YOU WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
SHOW A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE SHELF ON YOUR BOOKCASE
I don’t have a favorite shelf My books are in alphabetical order by author’s last name, so I don’t have cute rainbow shelves or ones organized by height. It’s a little all over the place.
WRITE HOW MUCH BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN JUST THREE WORDS
WHAT’S YOUR BIGGEST READING SECRET?
I think annotating books is really cool, even though most of the time I’m too scared to do it, I might just pick up a pen and underline something one of these days!
Thanks for reading, guys! Stay tuned for more reviews and other bookish posts. 🙂